Grilled Salmon with Panzanella Salad
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 cup Napoleon Kalamata Olives or Napoleon Sweet Pepper Stuffed Olives or a mixture of both
- 2 Tbsp. Napoleon Capers, rinsed
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 12 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Napoleon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or Fruttato Olive Oil
- 6 1-inch thick slices day-old rustic bread
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 4 to 5 ounce salmon fillet, with skin intact
- Additional basil for garnish
Preheat a grill or broiler. In a medium mixing bowl, toss the tomatoes with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and set aside. Coarsely chop the olives and toss into the tomato bowl. Add the capers, scallions, basil, and the 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Cut or tear the bread into 1-inch chunks and stir into the tomato mixture. Season with 1/4 tsp. of the pepper and toss to mix.
Brush the salmon with the remaining tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Grill or broil, turning once, until just cooked but still moist inside, about 8 minutes cooking time per inch of fish.
Divide the panzanella between serving plates and top with the fish. Serve immediately.