Olive Oil Cake
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3.4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Napoleon Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. lightly packed lemon zest
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- Optional: glazed fruits and sweetened whipping cream on top
1. Preheat over to 375.
Butter a 10 inch round x 2 in deep cake pan.
Set a piece of parchment paper, cut to fit inside, then butter parchment and dust pan with flour.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl with a mixer, using the whisk attachment, until frothy. Gradually add sugar and beat on high speed until mixture is pale and leaves a ribbon when you lift whisk, 6 – 8 minutes; scrape bowl halfway through.
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bow. Whisk milk, oil and lemon zest and juice together in a large measuring cup.
4. Add 1/3rd of dry ingredients, then half of the wet ingredients to egg mixture, beating after each addition until smooth. continue until all are added and stop a couple of times to scrape inside of bowl.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and set in oven. Immediately turn down heat to 350. Bake until cake pulls away form pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50 – 55 minutes.
6. Cool on a rack 15 minutes, then loosen cake from pan with a knife. Turn out onto a plate, remove parchment and carefully flip cake back onto rack. Let cool completely.
Garnish with fruit topping and / or whipped cream.