Olive Oil Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Napoleon EV OO
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Grated zest of 3 oranges plus 1 orange for garnish, sliced
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Confectioner sugar for dusting
- butter and flout for pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour a 9-inch x 13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and granulated sugar until blended. Add the olive oil, milk and orange zest; mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add egg mixture, stirring just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 55 minutes; until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Loosen the sides with a knife and invert onto a serving plate.
- Dust the cake with confectioner sugar and cut into 12 slices. Garnish the individual servings with fresh orange slices.
Note: Try substituting lemon or lime zest for the orange zest. It tastes great too!