Rice Salad with Fried Caper Dressing
- 3 1/3 cups converted rice
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 jar (6.5 oz.) Napoleon Marinated Artichokes, drained
- 1 cup Napoleon Cut Baby Corn
- 1 jar (7.3 ounces) Napoleon Marinated Hearts of Palm, drained
- 1 jar (6.5 ounces) Napoleon Marinated Mushrooms, halved
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Napoleon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Napoleon Capers, drained
Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the rice and salt and cover. Simmer 20 minutes or until rice is cooked and the water is absorbed. Let stand off the heat 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the artichokes, corn, hearts of palm, mushrooms, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, and black pepper. When the rice is done, add to the vegetables and toss to mix.
In a small, deep-sided saucepan heat the oil until it shimmers (about 350°F.) Add the capers and fry 2 to 3 minutes or until they are crisp. Pour the contents of the pan through a fine sieve over the salad. Mix well and garnish with the capers.