Romaine, Romano Cheese & Bacon Salad
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce
- 1-2 tomatoes, peeled
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup rendered, finely chopped bacon
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ½ cup Napoleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- juice of one lemon
- ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 coddled egg
- ½ cup croutons
Place the tomatoes, cut in eighths, into large bowl. Add the Romaine, ripped into 1″ pieces. Add green onions, cheese, bacon, oregano and mint.
Put the pepper, lemon juice and egg in a bowl and whip vigorously. Then slowly add the Napoleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, whipping constantly and tasting as you do.
Pour over salad and toss thoroughly. Add croutons and a sprinkle of Romano cheese last.