Simple Caesar Salad
- 6 cloves garlic, mashed and minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Napoleon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Napoleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon juice
- Napoleon Flat Anchovies (3 - 4 minced)
- A fresh head of Romaine lettuce
- Fresh grated parmesan
For the dressing, combine garlic, mustard, vinegar and two pinches of salt in blender and mix thoroughly. Add mayonnaise and blend together to form a thick base. In a slow stream add olive oil through hole in lid. Scrape dressing with spatula into a bowl and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. If desired, add anchovies to dressing to create a richer, saltier taste.
Wash and pat dry lettuce gently – break up lettuce leaves.
In a large salad bowl combine lettuce and dressing.
Top with freshly grated Parmesan.