Anchovy – Garlic – Lemon Sauce
- 2 tins (2 ounces each) of Napoleon Flat Anchovies
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 3 Tablespoons Napoleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 or 2 minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Rinse and drain anchovies. Mash them in a bowl with a minced onion, olive oil and minced garlic.
- Stir in lemon juice and let stand 20 minutes – this mutes the heat of the onion and garlic.
- Just before serving blend in minced flat-leaf parsley
Note: Spread on grilled bread, raw or cooked vegetables, toss with boiled red-skin potatoes or top grilled eggplant with some sauce and extra lemon.