Artichoke and Herb Pesto
- 1 can (13.75 oz) artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, almonds, pistachios or hazelnuts (your choice)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a food processor fitted with a blade, chop together the artichoke hearts and garlic until combined, about 8-10 pulses. Add the parsley, basil and lemon juice along with salt and pepper. Process until herbs are chopped and combined with artichokes.
Add nuts, cheese and 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil and pulse until desired consistency, adding additional olive oil if necessary. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.