Grilled Vegetable Panini with Pesto Vinaigrette
- Pesto Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp Napoleon Organic Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Napoleon Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Napoleon Pesto Paste
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small Focaccia round, approximately 6 inches in diameter
- 4 Tbsp. Napoleon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 slices Napoleon Grilled Eggplant
- 4 slices Napoleon Grilled Zucchini
- 4 Napoleon Grilled Artichokes
- 2 Napoleon Piquillo Peppers
- Kosher salt to taste
- ½ ounce grated smoked fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce grated fontina cheese
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pesto paste, ¼ teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Whisk well to combine and reserve.
Using a large serrated knife, split the focaccia in half to make a top and bottom. Place bread in the broiler, cut side up. Toast until nicely browned. Remove from broiler and turn oven to 350°F.
While bread is toasting, make the pesto vinaigrette.
Remove the eggplant, zucchini, artichokes and piquillo peppers from their marinade and drain on paper towels, blotting the tops with additional toweling. Slice the artichokes and the piquillo peppers into ¼ inch slices. Sprinkle the vegetables with kosher salt.
Brush the bottom slice of the toasted focaccia with a generous amount of the pesto vinaigrette. Layer the vegetables on top of the dressed bread in the following order: eggplant, zucchini, artichokes and finally, the piquillo peppers. Top the vegetables with the grated smoked mozzarella and fontina cheeses. Brush the top of the bread with the pesto vinaigrette and place on top of the cheeses.
Place the sandwich on a baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.