Polenta Artichoke Sausage Bake
- 1 tube pre-cooked polenta, sliced in 1/2” slices
- 1 lb. mild Italian ground pork sausage
- 1 can Napoleon Artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 cups beef or chicken stock
- 2 cups marinara or red sauce of choice (optional)
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium, cook onions until translucent.
Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and stir in artichokes; season with salt and pepper.
In an 8”x 8” baking dish, layer polenta rounds and spoonfuls of sausage mixture. Pour stock over top and bake until bubbling and polenta is pale golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Pour warmed red sauce over top if desired.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.