Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons Napoleon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Red pepper flakes to tasate
- 4 Napoleon Anchovy fillets, chopped
- 12 Napoleon Whole Pitted Black Olives
- 1 Tablespoons Crushed Napoleon Capers
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (14 - 15 oz.) can plum tomatoes with juice, crushed
- Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water while preparing the sauce.
Heat the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large sauce pan.
Do not burn the garlic.
When the garlic is golden, add the anchovies, olives, capers and walnuts.
Cook for about 1 minute before adding the crushed tomatoes, then cook another 10 minutes on medium heat.
About a minute before the al dente stage, drain the spaghetti and add it to the sauce pan.
Sprinkle the pasta with finely chopped parsley and put on a warm plate to serve.